Reports to: Service Team Leader Working Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm five-day work week (Includes 1-hour lunch)
Position is hourly.
Trailers of the East Coast is a third-generation family owned trailer dealership. We have been serving customers from all over the country from our Mocksville, NC location since 1945.
Rooted in FAMILY VALUES, we are dedicated to EXCEL in our industry with KNOWLEDGE, HUMILITY and a continuing PASSION TO LEARN and ADAPT. We strive to meet each new challenge with a true TEAM SPIRIT and contagious POSITIVE ENERGY so that each guest has an AMAZING EXPERIENCE in a FRIENDLY environment and each team member takes PRIDE in a job done well – TOGETHER.
SUMMARY OF THE JOB: Service Technicians are called upon to fix defective or broken products which often involves replacing faulty or worn-out parts. Service Technicians must be able to use diagnostic tools to identify issues and fix necessary repairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aspire to the culture while performing tasks at a high level of quality to provide an Amazing Guest Experience
- Work as part of a cohesive team within the shop to meet customer needs
- Assist, mentor and share knowledge with other technicians in the shop as appropriate
- Perform routine maintenance tasks
- Respect teammates and customers / communicate with others in a professional manner
- Maintain a clean work area
- Follow all safety practices when completing assignments
- Maintain company tools and keep them in proper working condition
- Maintain knowledge of trailers and pursue additional technical and product knowledge by participating in training
- Complete technician comments in a timely manner for assigned work and turn in necessary paperwork
- Responsible for cleanliness of customer units when work is repaired
- Be able to fill out parts request/ understand parts needed to make repairs
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years of mechanical experience a must
- Must have mathematical skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Extremely reliable and trustworthy
- Must be comfortable working independently
- Must be a team player and have ability to meet assigned targets
- Experience with basic hand and power tools
- Physically able to meet requirements of the job which may include, working in confined spaces, lifting heavy equipment and bending frequently.
- Shop equipment is provided, but you must supply your own tools